Ruth.... Chapter 5 part 2 .......The second half of this chapter really pulled it together for me. "Our vocation requires a journey, for we are not where we are called to be. We are on a path...." (p. 148) I guess I should not feel alone in my constant yearning for more and to go deeper.... never being satisfied with where I am at .... "The Our Father recounts the mission of Christ and calls us into it. The Our Father forms us into His Body, His apostolate, His cross, His Life." (p. 149) Isn't that what we want and yearn for...to be united in Christ, in communion, in service, in eternity, in life and in death.............. I identified with "To the extent that we reach toward the beatitude of our end, we reach not for ourselves but in priestly intercession with Christ for all." (p. 148) ....we are called into service and union. That call is often a burden on my heart. I want to go deeper. I want to serve the Lord....isn't that what life is about but yet our sinful nature pulls us away from that for which we yearn......... We "have need by virtue of communion to pray it for the whole Church" (p.141) I feel we are called and connected to each other....... "thy kingdom come"......... There seems to always be an unsatisfied yearning in my relationship with the Lord. Maybe the yearning is an acknowledgment that we are never satisfied until we meet the Lord in eternity. Together we pray, "Our Father..." ..... and good night!
Summer 2006 Book Blog
This is a book study on The Ordinary Path to Holiness. The author is R. Thomas Richard. This study started in June 2006. We are attempting to study and post on one chapter each week. May the Lord guide use as we respond to His call to draw closer to Him and others through this study.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home