Ruth - Chapter 6 - The Sacraments ...... This chapter was great but the week just seemed to get away from me. It just did not seem like I had any time to get into it so this morning I sat at the adoration chapel and without distractions was able to enjoy and get into the chapter....... "All our sacraments are encounters with Him, Jesus Christ." This is what has been great about this book. It is all about different ways of encountering our savior. That is one of the awesome things about our Catholic faith. ..... I did appreciated the way the Sacrament of Reconcilation handled venial sin ... "As we advance in the spiritual life and gain some stability in Christ, venial sin becomes more likely the danger, but whatever the depths of our weakness, we stand in need of the sacraments to restore us and strengthen us." At this stage of my spiritual life I don't often have a "soul that is dead to God" but I sure have tarnish on it and appreciate both the forgiveness and the advice received in Reconciliation. I also liked how the author handled "once saved, always saved stating that, "The teaching greatly exalts the saving grace of God, but eliminates either the justice of God or the freedom of the saved person." ......... In the Sacrament of Marriage section I kept thinking of how blessed I am to be in a good marriage but I am also thankful that Tom and I belong to a Teams of Our Lady group. http://www.teamsofourlady.org ...... Do any of you belong to "TEAMS"? It is a group that fosters married spirituality encouraging couples to pray together, work on their personal and conjugal spiritual lifes and make time for each other. It also brings you close to the other couples in your TEAM. Teams has been a blessing for us..... "Life, for a Catholic Christian, is Christ" was a wonderful line just to reflect on. It was simple and profound at the same time. Christ is a wonderful journey for a committed Catholic and I am so glad that I have been blessed with so many wonderful people who are supporting, encouraging and challenging me on the journey. The sacraments are woven into the fabric of our life and it was a good chapter to just bring me to renewed gratefullness for them. I can't wait to read the next chapter on the Eucharist.
Summer 2006 Book Blog
This is a book study on The Ordinary Path to Holiness. The author is R. Thomas Richard. This study started in June 2006. We are attempting to study and post on one chapter each week. May the Lord guide use as we respond to His call to draw closer to Him and others through this study.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home