Friday, July 07, 2006

Ruth .. Chapter 2 continued.... Well I have had time to read a few more pages. I have a deep excitement within me regarding the three stages. I am looking within myself but also into the lives of others to recognize contemporary examples of the stages. This is all new material for me and I really appreciated the examples of the stages in the lives of the apostle's spiritual journey. ... .... As someone very interested and involved with adult faith formation I related to the author's statement on p. 31.."Our process of formation today seldom produces the results we see under the formation and teaching of Christ with His apostles! Yet the church is commanded to do this." ... I think that many of the evangelical churches do a good job at the conversion stage but we, as Catholics, have such an undertapped very deep well to draw from. People are not being called to the well or provided the drink. Lord, thank you for this opportunity to better understand the spiritual journey you call each of us to. Help us to grow and follow you and also help us to lead others to Your well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home