Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ruth - Chapter 1 .... I will post on the small portion of Ch. 1 that I have read so far and will post more later. .... This chapter begins with talk of death. Death is so immenent right now as I am in NY caring for my invalid father and recuperating mother. Dad could die at any time or it could be a while so this intro hit home. On page 1 the author states that "The way we choose to live and the way we choose to die are real and personal decisions..." caring for someone near death makes me think alot about the dying process but "to choose the way we die" is a unique thought to me. I always think of it as being out of my controll........ On page 3 Richards writes about faith, hope and love and how they make an authentically human life possible and full of meaning and joy. Without faith I think I would despair. My faith makes my life meaningful. When my youngest son left home I seriously questioned the purpose of "the rest of my life". I needed more purpose than cleaning house, doing volunteer work or going to work. Putting all these and all I do in the prespective of serving the Lord gives me continued purpose. .... Not know the state of my dying father's soul my faith gives hope. Placing my life and the life of those I love into the Lord's hands is an continuing reality ... Maybe by the end of this book I'll not just want to accept the invitation into the love of God but also learn and yearn to accept the invitation into my "part of the cross". Lord, thank you for being the Good Shepherd that guides me. I want to follow you all my days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home